A singer who suffered from endometriosis was found dead at the age of just 28 after her appointment at a specialist clinic was twice canceled due to the Covid pandemic.

The body of “extremely talented” Emma Panas was discovered by her father at her home in Bromley, south-east London, after friends and family were unable to contact her, an investigation has said.

The singer-songwriter, who performed under the name Pyra and also led the electronic duo Paper Crows, was later found to have life-threatening levels of pain relievers in his system.

Although he considered the conclusion of an accidental drug overdose, the coroner ruled that his death was not drug related but was due to Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS).

The term is used to describe cases where people die suddenly from cardiac arrest, but no clear cause can be found.

Emma Panas, 28, was found dead by her father at her home in Bromley, east London, in July 2020 after having two pain clinic appointments canceled due to the pandemic

The singer-songwriter suffered from crippling pain from endometriosis and was taking prescribed opioid pain relievers since February 2020

The singer-songwriter suffered from crippling pain from endometriosis and was taking prescribed opioid pain relievers since February 2020

The inquest, held at Croydon Coroner’s Court, learned how Emma was prescribed large doses of codeine and morphine to cope with crippling pain and was awaiting an appointment at a pain clinic when she was deceased.

The musician suffered from endometriosis – a disease in which tissue similar to the lining of the uterus grows in other places, such as the ovaries and fallopian tubes.

Emma was prescribed the opioid pain relievers in February 2020 and had been taking them for several months before she died at her home in July.

The investigation learned she had pain clinic appointments, but they were canceled due to the Covid-19 lockdown.

Members of her family, who appeared by video link to testify, said they struggled to understand how she died.

They expressed concern that her death was being recorded as an accidental drug overdose, as they said she was “very, very careful” when it came to taking her medications.

Although he considered the conclusion of an accidental drug overdose, the coroner ruled that his death was not drug related but was due to Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

Although he considered the conclusion of an accidental drug overdose, the coroner ruled that his death was not drug related but was due to Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

Investigation found there was no evidence of suicide as the medicine packages in her house had not been opened and she was normally chatting with friends on WhatsApp the night before she was found dead. .

Emma’s brother Sebastian Panas told the inquest how her death “screamed an NHS failure” as he explained how she was referred to a pain clinic by her gynecologist, but the return -you have been reported twice.

He said: “The care department in place should be able to provide the care patients need and if this was canceled to the point where Emma needed more treatment to the point where she could live.”

Another theory was that the concentration of pain relievers in her blood had reached a fatal level because she might have been dehydrated on the hot summer night.

But that was dismissed after a medical report explained that the dehydration and high temperature would not affect the level of drugs in his system.

Senior Coroner Sarah Ormond-Walsh made a conclusion on “Sudden Adult Death Syndrome” after reading an expert report that highlighted how the high levels of pain relievers in Emma’s body could have been unsuccessful. deadly to her as a very tolerant person.

The report suggested that, as Emma had been taking the medication daily for several months, she could have taken more than expected because her body was used to it.

Emma's brother Sebastian Panas told the inquest how her death

Emma’s brother Sebastian Panas told inquest how her death “screams NHS failure”

The coroner said, “She took codeine and morphine for the chromic pain. There is no evidence that she intended to kill herself.

“It is possible that she accidentally took too many tablets. It is also likely that she had a tolerance to both codeine and morphine, so the amount in her blood would not necessarily cause her death.

Devastated colleagues from Miabella, a nightclub in Soho, central London, where Emma worked at the doorstep of a regular electro event called Bite, paid tribute to her.

In the heartbreaking post, they said, “We unfortunately wanted to post this as a tribute to our beautiful and wonderful door-daughter Emma Panas.

“She was an extremely talented, beautiful and constantly laughing life force, but was also infinitely kind and an integral part of the Bite family. We can’t believe she’s gone.

“We hope you will remember her as wonderful as we do.

“The world has been lit by Emma and her enduring momentum, humility, beauty and empathy. She will be missed more than words can express.


Source link

About The Author

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.